Re: Another CentOS build/install issue

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 10:56:44 -0700

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Attached to this message are output logs from each of these three commands.
> Also, after the "make install," here are the contents of the /usr/local/lib
> directory:

It really sounds to me like the simple issue is that the souce
installation is installing into /usr/local/lib and his CentOS 5.x
system doesn't include that path by default. On my CentOS 5.x
systems, I had to add this:

OVZ-CentOS59[root_at_lunar ~]# more /etc/ld.so.conf.d/local.conf
/usr/local/lib

Run 'ldconfig -v' and it shows all paths searched and all libs found.
I'll bet /usr/local/lib isn't in that default set of paths searched.
That explains why, when he put it in /usr/lib (and presumably ran
ldconfig), it was able to find it.

...Todd