Re: Another idea of a stat to track

From: Alessandro Vesely <vesely_at_tana.it>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 13:29:33 +0200

On 10/Sep/10 07:24, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Sep 2010, Todd Lyons wrote:
>> Which leads me to a second question. I have the dev system set to
>> not anonymize the data as it writes it to the stats file.
>> Correspondingly, it submits this raw data to you, and the stats page
>> shows all domains non-anonymized. Is it going to stay this way after
>> we come out of beta? I'm wondering if it would be possible to
>> anonymize it as it's being displayed with a simple tertiary command
>> in the script that generates the html. Or am I worried about nothing?

Here's two pointers for doing that:
http://www.tana.it/svn/zdkimfilter/trunk/src/OpenDKIMstats.h
http://www.tana.it/svn/zdkimfilter/trunk/src/zdkimstats-anon.C

That C file can be compiled standalone, as it requires only the
companion h file. (I haven't released them yet; just installed today.)

The program takes a "-x" option for excluding some domains, e.g. if
you invoke it with "-x opendkim.org mipassoc.org", then the related
stanzas won't be anonymized. Note that no hashing is done unless a
prefix is given. The prog can also output simple summaries of its
input, for people who has not yet a MySQL db in place (like me.)

If anyone likes to give it a try, I'd welcome any comments.

> The revised schema sets a bit if the incoming data were anonymized.

Using the h file above may ease further revisions, e.g. adding fields
to the stats --this thread's original subject. When it will be
included by opendkim-impotstats.c, if ever, then it will be probably
convenient that the OpenDKIM project maintains it, and that it gets
installed along with other library files. For the time being, a copy
of it might live in the contrib directory, perhaps; ditto for its C
companion.