Re: br-msk-openldap

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 20:33:02 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Mike Markley wrote:
> The only new build problem I see is in --enable-bodylength_db. The
> feature is defined as bodylengths_db but the check in USE_DB_OPENDKIM is
> using $enable_bodylengthsdb, so I believe that DB usage will not be
> enabled if only bodylength_db is enabled.

Yep, you're right. Fixed at the HEAD. Daniel already commited your
"liB..." -> "LIB..." fix as well.

> We also apparently can't use libtool versions prior to 1.6 (or at least,
> we can't use 1.5.24. Again, probably not an issue since most users won't
> have to recreate it. Are the minimum autotools versions actually
> documented somewhere? Seems like they warrant a section in INSTALL.
> It shouldn't be much; I think we've already confirmed that autoconf 2.62
> is the minimum, and it appears that libtool 1.6 is, so we just have to
> nail down automake and pkg-config.

It would take a while to narrow down the versions of autoconf, automake
and libtool that are minimal for us, but maybe I can spend some time doing
that in one of my VMs. But ultimately the consumers of this stuff just
use the ./configure and libtool we ship, so isn't this an exercise for the
developer types and not users in general?

> Especially since not having pkg-config causes autoconf/autoreconf to
> fail in a totally unintuitive fashion.

Actually the configure.ac we have should work with autoconf (more
accurately, the produced configure should just work) with or without
pkg-config installed; it tries pkg-config but if that fails it falls back
to the conventional methods of hunting around for libraries and includes
with some possible hints from the user.