build system testing

From: Daniel Black <daniel.subs_at_internode.on.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 15:32:52 +1100

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 13:05:39 Mike Markley wrote:
> FYI, that turned out to be a pretty simple typo:
> liBOPENDKIM_LIBS="$LIBCRYPTO_LIBS $LIBTRE_LIBS $LIBUNBOUND_LIBS $LIBDK_LIBS
> $LIBRESOLV"
opps - fix committed - thanks Mike.

> Case sensitivity, etc. I've got a compiled binary, but a lot of other
> features don't link properly. Daniel, you redid a lot of the build
> stuff; is are there cleaned-up library depenencies in configure.ac on
> HEAD already?

I haven't touched much anytime recently - potentially since last release. I'll
run through the set of compile options and see if i come up with any faults.

> If so, I'll stop barking up that tree; if you need,
> though, I can take a look at them once I'm done futzing with LDAP
> support.

i'll give a quick yell when I'm happy with the testing i've done.

ref libtool version i got opendkim-cvs[trunk] compile with libtool-1.5.26
after a make maintainer-clean and a autoreconf. I've usually tested with
2.2.6a/2.2.6b.

I've dropped autoconf requirement to 2.61 (haven't tested 2.60 but fails on
2.59) so it should work on a Debian lenny unmodified now.

Automake minimum version - 1.9 with not errors or warnings.

version 1.7 and 1.8 warned of:
Makefile.am:6: directory should not contain `/'
which could be fixed if need maybe if really needed.

1.4-1.6 had far too many errors. So SM what's the spec of your Dynix in VMS
compatibility mode :-) ? Have we broken it for you?

Daniel