Re: br-msk-openldap

From: Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 17:47:19 -0800

Did another export and that seems to have fixed whatever my issue was;
I can now autoreconf.

The only new build problem I see is in --enable-bodylength_db. The
feature is defined as bodylengths_db but the check in USE_DB_OPENDKIM is
using $enable_bodylengthsdb, so I believe that DB usage will not be
enabled if only bodylength_db is enabled.

We also apparently can't use libtool versions prior to 1.6 (or at least,
we can't use 1.5.24. Again, probably not an issue since most users won't
have to recreate it. Are the minimum autotools versions actually
documented somewhere? Seems like they warrant a section in INSTALL.
It shouldn't be much; I think we've already confirmed that autoconf 2.62
is the minimum, and it appears that libtool 1.6 is, so we just have to
nail down automake and pkg-config. Especially since not having
pkg-config causes autoconf/autoreconf to fail in a totally unintuitive
fashion.

There are still issues with library dependencies, at least on my
platform. I had unresolved symbols while linking with --enable-arlib
turned on. Rather than deal with it this moment, I shut it off, and now
I'm having further issues:
../libopendkim/.libs/libopendkim.so: undefined reference to `__dn_expand'
../libopendkim/.libs/libopendkim.so: undefined reference to `__dn_skipname'
../libopendkim/.libs/libopendkim.so: undefined reference to `__dn_comp'
../libopendkim/.libs/libopendkim.so: undefined reference to `__res_query'

According to config.log, those tests worked correctly. It looks like
LIBRESOLV is being set in libopendkim/Makefile, but not actually used
anywhere:
$ grep LIBRESOLV libopendkim/Makefile
LIBRESOLV = -lresolv

--
Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>
The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like