FW: hydra build farm for opendkim

From: Daniel Black <daniel.subs_at_internode.on.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 23:40:38 +1100

Great news :-)

On Tuesday 09 February 2010 22:39:35 Rob Vermaas wrote:
>sorry for the late response, I was in the middle of some things.
>
>> Is using Delft University of Technology 's build farm possible?
>> Is there a viewable repository of other projects nix expressions?
>
>Yes it is possible. I have looked into your dependencies, and have
>added libmilter, tre, unbound and opendbx to nixpkgs. I also added the
>stable release of opendkim to nixpkgs.
>The Nixpkgs collection (including my latest patches) can be found in
>https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix/nixpkgs/trunk/ .

so its almost ready :-)

>For some example nix expressions for the buildfarm you could look in
>https://svn.nixos.org/repos/nix/hydra-config/gnu/trunk/ . These are
>probably easiest to understand as they are for 'familiar' GNU
>packages.

I'll prepare one of these magic nix expressions for our build. I'll get some
comments on test build cases once I understand it more.

>We are also available on #nixos (IRC) on Freenode. My nickname there
>is ikwildrpepper, in case you would like a more 'real-time
>discussion'.
>
>I can setup a starting point for you if you'd like, however I saw that
>you guys are using CVS, which is currently not yet supported by Hydra.
>I can look into implementing CVS, however this might take a while. Is
>it maybe possible to setup a git or subversion mirror which we can
>use?

I've offered to setup a git import of our cvs repository. Its not going to be
much of an automated build system with me doing a manual mirror of it :-(