Re: opendkim on Ubuntu with postfix,dovecot,ClamAv

From: Doug Barton <dougb_at_dougbarton.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 09:15:00 -0700

On 04/17/2013 08:06 AM, John Williams wrote:
> Sorry, didn't mean to mean to send this as anonymous...
>
> What I forgot to mention is that it sa-test did tell me it was good ONCE:

FWIW I got odd results sending to sa-test as well. I ended up searching
for other sites to send to, and found some good ones. Doesn't look like
I bothered to bookmark them though, as IIRC there were enough good
results from the search that it didn't seem necessary.

I'm assuming you've looked at the full headers from a message sent to
gmail, and to this list? IME just having dkim won't necessarily
whitelist you for the major mail providers, but having both dkim and spf
generally does the trick. Also FWIW if I send mail on this account to
gmail my dkim validates.

Finally, how large is your key? I've heard that using sizes > 1024 is
likely to lead to the dreaded "unexpected results."

hth,

Doug