Re: SMTP server mode

From: Andreas Schulze <sca_at_andreasschulze.de>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 22:54:58 +0200

>> There's an open feature request for an SMTP server mode in v2.7.0.

I disagree:
I run cascades of SMTP Proxy with postfix for many years. It is a pain!

For that reason I switched to content filters implemented as milter.
Now I can cascade up to 5 milter without any problems.
No more timeouts, no more unreadable long received header and clean logging.
No more "received from localhost by localhost"

I only could encourage everyone to try replacing an smtp based content filter by a milter.
(if postfix or sendmail is the mta)
From that perspective it makes no sense to me porting a milter to an smtp proxy.
I see it as a wast of (programmers) time.

Andreas