Re: how to setup opendkim for signing all outgoing mails

From: Andreas Schulze <sca_at_andreasschulze.de>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 15:43:25 +0200 (CEST)

> We are running a website that also has a blogging feature. A reader can
> contact the author via a webform where he/she can enter his/her email address,
> specify a subject and write a message body. When they click on the "send"
> button the website generates an email and sends it via the postfix MTA.

I assume, the webserver submit via smtp, not via /usr/sbin/sendmail.

So you have all the power of postfix smtp servers.

1. create a separate input channel in master.cf:

127.0.0.1:12345 inet n - n --- smtpd
 -o syslog_name=postfix/webapp_submission
 -o milter_macro_daemon_name=WEBAPP_SUBMISSION
 -o smtpd_milters=${opendkim_milter} ( defined in main.cf as opendkim_milter = inet:... )

2. create a file 'mtatable' containing WEBAPP_SUBMISSION
$ echo 'WEBAPP_SUBMISSION' >> etc/opendkim/mtatable

I always use signingtable+keytable.

3. allow any From address to sign
$ echo '* foobar' >> /etc/opendkim/signingtable

4. foobar is used to lookup keydata in keytable as usual

5. edit opendkim.conf
MTA file:/etc/opendkim/mtatable
SigningTable refile:/etc/opendkim/signingtable ( note the re in refile! )
KeyTable etc/opendkim/keytable

that way any mails arraive via SMTP to the milter *and* the Milter-Macro {daemon_name} is
WEBAPP_SUBMISSIONS will be signed using the key referred by the keytable index "foobar"

If one like different singingkeys for differnet {daemon_names} there is also a solotion with
postfix:

Add "-o milter_macro_v=any_at_webapp1" to the postfix smtp server an arrange that only webapp1
submitts there.

then add "SenderMacro {v}" to opendkim.conf. So opendkim does not look at any From headers
but takes {v} to lookup into signingtable.

modify the signingtable:

any_at_webapp1 key1
any_at_webapp2 key2

key1 an key2 are now different signingkeys defined in keytable...

I'm only unsure if such setup requires spezial compiletime features to be enabled.

--
Viele Grüße
Andreas Schulze