(unknown charset) Re: opendkim 2.5.1 crash

From: (unknown charset) Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 12:14:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2012, ????? ???????? wrote:
> ops, I have taken opendkim/opendkim.c from somewhere else (probably
> commit a042e6abf6feb73e73), changing compared to
> opendkim-2.5.1/opendkim/opendkim.c
>
> 13458c13453,13454
> < if (dkimf_local_adsp(conf, (char *) domain,
> ---
>> if (domain != NULL &&
>> dkimf_local_adsp(conf, (char *) domain,
>
> and 5 empty newlines.

I haven't managed to reproduce your crash using your own configuration and
a stock build of 2.5.1. Even with mangled or missing From fields, the
message passes fine.

Based on the core trace you sent, the crash you're seeing is unrelated to
the patch you've applied since 2.5.1, so I think the line number change
probably doesn't matter.

What I need is to be able to reproduce the crash. So far I can't. Can
you send me a gzip'd copy of a message that causes the crash when using
the configuration you sent to the list?

> When a message is submitted from the MUA to the MSA over authenticated
> SMTP-Session, the MSA can add a Authentication-Results: header,
> indicating that auth=pass (method) smtp.auth=username, whereas opendkim
> can add to the same message, Authentication-Results: dkim=pass, when the
> MUA has signed itself the message. Wouldn't it be wise, if opendkim
> considers near the DKIM-Signature during the verification, also the
> {auth_type} and {auth_authen} macros, and amends Authentication-Results:
> with the SMTP-authentication results (if any).

RFC5451 sets out the rules for Authentication-Results. Accordingly,
opendkim is not permitted to modify existing Authentication-Results
fields. It can only add its own specific ones related to DKIM
verification.

-MSK