Re: opendkim 2.5.1 crash

From: Дилян Палаузов <dilyan.palauzov_at_aegee.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:44:12 +0200

Hello,

> RFC5451 sets out the rules for Authentication-Results. Accordingly,
> opendkim is not permitted to modify existing Authentication-Results
> fields. It can only add its own specific ones related to DKIM verification.

I mean, when a message is submitted from the MUA to the
Mail-Submission-Agent/MSA/MTA, the MSA is supposed to add an
Authenication-Results: header, that indicates both the authentication
result of the SMTP session, and verification of the submitted message
(if it is is signed by the MUA before submission). This could be done,
when the MTA adds an Authentication-Results header for the
SMTP-Authentication and opendkim adds another Authentication-Results
header, immediately near the first one, to indicate the
DKIM-Verification. It would be more practical, if the MTA does not add
Authentication-Results for the SMTP-Authentication, but opendkim adds a
single Authentication-Results, accumulating both SMTP-Authentication and
DKIM-Verification results.

opendkim -V
opendkim: OpenDKIM Filter v2.5.1
         Compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.0g 18 Jan 2012
         SMFI_VERSION 0x1000001
         libmilter version 1.0.1
         Supported signing algorithms:
                 rsa-sha1
                 rsa-sha256
         Supported canonicalization algorithms:
                 relaxed
                 simple
         Active code options:
                 QUERY_CACHE
                 USE_DB
                 USE_LUA
                 USE_ODBX
                 USE_UNBOUND
                 _FFR_ADSP_LISTS
                 _FFR_DIFFHEADERS
                 _FFR_IDENTITY_HEADER
                 _FFR_LDAP_CACHING
                 _FFR_OVERSIGN
                 _FFR_RATE_LIMIT
                 _FFR_RBL
                 _FFR_REDIRECT
                 _FFR_REPLACE_RULES
                 _FFR_RESIGN
                 _FFR_STATS
                 _FFR_STATSEXT
                 _FFR_VBR
         libopendkim 2.5.1: diffheaders xtags query_cache

I cannot send the message, which caused the problem, since I do not have
it. Just today from time to time opendkim stops working and I have not
figured out right now which message causes this. I sent you what I had
and I found useful. When it happens again, I will try to gather more
information (I run now exact opendkim-2.5.1 without any changes) and
will let you know again. I know know such reports make sense, when they
are reproducible, but on the other side if I could solve the problem
myself, I would probably just have sent you a patch.

Anyway, another question: In configure.ac it is assumed, that
libunbound is in a directory, which name ends with /lib, e.g. /usr/lib .
However my libunbound is only in /usr/lib64, and my /etc/config.site
contains

export lv_cv_sys_lib_search_path_spec="/lib64 /usr/lib64"
export lv_cv_sys_lib_dlsearch_path_spec="/lib64 /usr/lib64"

so basically these variables shall be honoured somehow when searching
for the exact location of libunbound and -L/usr/lib shall not be added
to the compiler parameters, just because /usr/include/unbound.h exists
and I use ./configure --with-unbound . I personally would use
AC_CHECK_LIB instead to determine, if libunbound is installed.

Със здраве
   Дилян