Re: Unable to bind to port

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 19:43:07 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 23 Mar 2012, justatry wrote:
> I did killall opendkim then I restart it and now it looks good. By
> watching on 8891 port via netstat i see only opendkim. So I guess that
> the problem came from the several start/stop/restart I have done. Maybe
> the stop doesn't really kill the process no ? (also the restart...)

Running the script with the "stop" parameter kills the process that's
logged in /var/run/opendkim, not all of them.

> To finish (I hope) with my DKIM mission I ran the differents tests
> proposed by Steve at the end of his howto
>
> I get "pass" (good to see that!!) result for DKIM with these tests:
> - Brandon Checketts Email Validator
> - auth-results_at_verifier.port25.com
>
> The autorespond+dkim_at_dk.elandsys.com reply with an error :
>
> 550 5.7.0 Message violates site policy Please read
> http://www.qubic.net/scam/ to see how to resend your message (in reply to
> end of DATA command)

There might be an ADSP error. Your message to this list wasn't signed, so
I can't tell why that might have happened because I can't see what domain
you're using in your tests. Send a signed message directly to me at this
address and I can tell you what my verifier saw.

> The test with sa-test_at_sendmail.net give a BAD result:
> Result: DKIM signature confirmed BAD

Interesting. I don't know what would cause that.

> How can I be sure that my DKIM signature is working fine ?

If opendkim-testkey shows that your private and public keys match, then
you would just need to figure out what program is altering your messages
between when you sign it and when the verifier gets it. There are some
steps to do that documented in opendkim/README under "DEBUG FEATURES".

-MSK