Re: OpenDKIM isn't signing nor throwing any errors in log

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Mar 2012 11:00:45 -0800

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 6:38 AM, Antony <sunnydelight_at_umich.edu> wrote:

> I can confirm that yes, Postfix, somehow disregards the setting in its
> main.cf and remains unaware of OpenDKIM
> The test is as simple as setting smtpd_milters & non_smtpd_milters  to a
> port that is not listening, i.e. inet:127.0.0.1:1234
> After restarting the postfix and trying to send out another email. The
> mail.log shows no sign of communication between Postfix & OpenDKIM; hence,
> no errors of what so ever.

The HOWTO by Steve has 3 specific lines in the postfix configuration,
did you put all three?

1 smtpd_milters = inet:127.0.0.1:8891
2 non_smtpd_milters = $smtpd_milters
3 milter_default_action = accept

I believe if you do postconf -a, it should print out all configuration
settings (as read from its config files). If the above settings are
not in it, then you are right, it is likely reading a different config
file than what you thought.

strace -e trace=file postconf -a # (or trace=open)

Will show what files are accessed when you run the postconf command.

...Todd
violent psychopath who knows where you live. -- Martin Golding