Re: can't read SMFIC_BODY reply packet header: Success

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 09:00:04 -0800

On Wed, Nov 30, 2011 at 6:00 AM, Rolf E. Sonneveld
<R.E.Sonneveld_at_sonnection.nl> wrote:
>> It must be that he rebuilt the srpm himself because the package
> Well, then I don't understand why it didn't work and why it works now. The
> only extra parameter I used during ./configure was --prefix to install
> opendkim on a different location. Furthermore, I discovered that the system
> admin (for some reason I don't know) first installed dkim-milter, then later
> installed (so probably compiled?) opendkim. After that, he removed
> dkim-milter. So my installation was on a system _without_ dkim-milter, while
> his installation was on a system _with_ dkim-milter. Don't know whether this
> could explain these problems?

Be careful with your terminology. dkim-milter is the old software
that has not been maintained for about 3 years now. opendkim is the
software that Murray forked from and expanded upon dkim-milter (he was
the original author there as well). I suspect you meant opendkim :-)

At any rate, it really sounds like the admin built it from source but
something botched with the openssl detection. Or built it on some
other system with one set of libs and then copied it over to your
system which had slightly different libs (though ABI is not supposed
to change, so it would have given a shared library loader error...in
theory).

Regards... Todd
--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the