Re: can't read SMFIC_BODY reply packet header: Success

From: Rolf E. Sonneveld <R.E.Sonneveld_at_sonnection.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:00:19 +0100

On 11/30/11 2:30 PM, Todd Lyons wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Rolf E. Sonneveld
> <R.E.Sonneveld_at_sonnection.nl> wrote:
>>> More seriously, that sounds to me like a shared library incompatibility
>>> issue or something of that ilk. That is, it was compiled on one machine,
>>> but when transplanted to another, the libraries it accesses there don't
>>> behave the same way, causing stack corruption or other problems.
>> I removed the software, and built it again without the --enable-debug. And
>> yes, it still runs fine. Signatures are added OK and verify successfully at
>> the receiver side.
>>
>> Here's the output of the new opendkim -V:
>> opendkim: OpenDKIM Filter v2.4.2
>> Compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.0-fips 29 Mar 2010
>> SMFI_VERSION 0x1000001
>> libmilter version 1.0.1
>> Supported signing algorithms:
>> rsa-sha1
>> rsa-sha256
>> Supported canonicalization algorithms:
>> relaxed
>> simple
>> libopendkim 2.4.2:
>>
>> This seems to be exactly the same as before, except for the rsa-sha256. Yes,
>> it would be nice to better understand, but for now I'm very happy it all
>> works. Thanks to you and Todd for your support! I'll ask the installer of
>> the CentOS system how he installed opendkim on the system, from package or
>> from source.
> It must be that he rebuilt the srpm himself because the package
> provided by epel is linked against openssl 1.0.0 and rsa-sha256 is
> enabled, unlike the outptut of opendkim -V you provided earlier in
> this thread. Now yours looks exactly like a stock install on mine.
> At first I was concerned that the package in epel had a build issue,
> but the installed packages and its capabilities look fine.

Well, then I don't understand why it didn't work and why it works now.
The only extra parameter I used during ./configure was --prefix to
install opendkim on a different location. Furthermore, I discovered that
the system admin (for some reason I don't know) first installed
dkim-milter, then later installed (so probably compiled?) opendkim.
After that, he removed dkim-milter. So my installation was on a system
_without_ dkim-milter, while his installation was on a system _with_
dkim-milter. Don't know whether this could explain these problems?

Regards,

/rolf