Re: can't read SMFIC_BODY reply packet header: Success

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 05:30:04 -0800

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 3:06 PM, Rolf E. Sonneveld
<R.E.Sonneveld_at_sonnection.nl> wrote:
>> More seriously, that sounds to me like a shared library incompatibility
>> issue or something of that ilk.  That is, it was compiled on one machine,
>> but when transplanted to another, the libraries it accesses there don't
>> behave the same way, causing stack corruption or other problems.
> I removed the software, and built it again without the --enable-debug. And
> yes, it still runs fine. Signatures are added OK and verify successfully at
> the receiver side.
>
> Here's the output of the new opendkim -V:
> opendkim: OpenDKIM Filter v2.4.2
>        Compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.0-fips 29 Mar 2010
>        SMFI_VERSION 0x1000001
>        libmilter version 1.0.1
>        Supported signing algorithms:
>                rsa-sha1
>                rsa-sha256
>        Supported canonicalization algorithms:
>                relaxed
>                simple
>        libopendkim 2.4.2:
>
> This seems to be exactly the same as before, except for the rsa-sha256. Yes,
> it would be nice to better understand, but for now I'm very happy it all
> works. Thanks to you and Todd for your support! I'll ask the installer of
> the CentOS system how he installed opendkim on the system, from package or
> from source.

It must be that he rebuilt the srpm himself because the package
provided by epel is linked against openssl 1.0.0 and rsa-sha256 is
enabled, unlike the outptut of opendkim -V you provided earlier in
this thread. Now yours looks exactly like a stock install on mine.
At first I was concerned that the package in epel had a build issue,
but the installed packages and its capabilities look fine.

Regards... Todd
--
If Americans could eliminate sugary beverages, potatoes, white bread,
pasta, white rice and sugary snacks, we would wipe out almost all the