Re: can't read SMFIC_BODY reply packet header: Success

From: Rolf E. Sonneveld <R.E.Sonneveld_at_sonnection.nl>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 00:06:01 +0100

On 11/29/11 8:22 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
> [...]

Some mornings? Most mornings! ;-)

> More seriously, that sounds to me like a shared library incompatibility issue or something of that ilk. That is, it was compiled on one machine, but when transplanted to another, the libraries it accesses there don't behave the same way, causing stack corruption or other problems.
>
> You can try installing it without --enable-debug and see if it runs fine as well.

I removed the software, and built it again without the --enable-debug.
And yes, it still runs fine. Signatures are added OK and verify
successfully at the receiver side.

> It would be nice to get a better understanding of what's going on. Maybe Steve can help out here, since it's his RPM.

Here's the output of the new opendkim -V:

opendkim: OpenDKIM Filter v2.4.2
         Compiled with OpenSSL 1.0.0-fips 29 Mar 2010
         SMFI_VERSION 0x1000001
         libmilter version 1.0.1
         Supported signing algorithms:
                 rsa-sha1
                 rsa-sha256
         Supported canonicalization algorithms:
                 relaxed
                 simple
         libopendkim 2.4.2:

This seems to be exactly the same as before, except for the rsa-sha256.
Yes, it would be nice to better understand, but for now I'm very happy
it all works. Thanks to you and Todd for your support! I'll ask the
installer of the CentOS system how he installed opendkim on the system,
from package or from source.

/rolf