RE: [dkim-milter-discuss] sendmail non-smtpd possible?

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2011 10:34:41 -0700

(Since you installed OpenDKIM instead, I'll Cc: that list and we should move this discussion over there.)

There are rewrite rules in the sendmail configuration that change the From: field (features called "masquerade" and "genericstable"). That's why it appears to be delivered with the From: field you expect. The problem is that those changes are made only after the filter has seen them, which is why you have to tell opendkim to sign for "localhost.localdomain" because that's what the filter sees.

In fact, you might want to check that the signatures are being validated, because they probably are failing since the data are essentially being changed in transit.

You will probably need either the "replace rules" feature to deal with this, or you'll need to arrange that your mail is generated with the final domain name in there and not "localhost.localdomain" to get it verifying properly.