OpenDKIM + dk-milter = Overkill

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 23:51:24 -0800

Yes, I know DomainKeys is dead. Yes, I know that DKIM is all you need.

But I'm constantly flooded with questions on my blog article (which
explains step-by-step how to set up OpenDKIM on RHEL / CentOS with
Postfix) about adding DomainKeys as well. As much as I explain that
it's redundant overkill that is both overkill and redundant, they
insist.

I blame the Verifier.Port25.com test, when it sends back the
"DomainKeys check: neutral" test result.

That damn neutral just glares at me... taunting me... everything else
is "pass," but that neutral sticks out like a hot chick at an RSA
conference.

Curse you, neutral result.

So I acquiesced and wrote a blog post on how to do both. In my
defense, my instructions require OpenDKIM to be set up first! :)

http://stevejenkins.com/blog/2011/01/how-to-get-dkim-and-domainkeys-working-with-postfix-on-rhel-5-centos-5-using-opendkim-and-dk-milter/

I'd really appreciate feedback from any fellow OpenDKIM users. I'm
particularly looking for problems that my instructions may
inadvertently cause regarding DKIM verification. I'm not sure how
serious killing the v=DKIM1 and g=* arguments is.

Thanks in advance,

SteveJ