OpenDKIM's smtpd_milters and non_smtpd_milters in Postfix config

From: Steve Jenkins <steve_at_stevejenkins.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 12:14:20 -0700

Everything is working fine with my OpenDKIM install. :) But the following
question came up during a discussion on the postfix-users list.

I have the following lines in my /etc/postfix/main.cf file:

# openDKIM
smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:20209
non_smtpd_milters = inet:localhost:20209
milter_protocol = 2
milter_default_action = accept

I was asked on the postfix-users list the following questions about those
lines:

"How can you use the same service for both smtp and non-smtp milters ?
Presumably, they don't take the same input format."

I wasn't sure how to answer. Can anyone give me some insight?

Thanks,

Steve