Re: Options

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:50:18 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 26 Nov 2009, Roman Gelfand wrote:
> I just read the man page on peer list and it seems to say the email
> coming from 127.0.0.1 will not be filtered altogether. I was looking to
> filter that message. Wouldn't opendkim fail this message if source ip
> is 127.0.0.1. If so, how do you make opendkim ignore this source ip and
> go to previous?

Your original message said "Unless you tell me otherwise, I don't want to
neither sign nor verify 127.0.0.1." If you don't want to do either, then
putting it on the peer list is what you want.

What sort of filtering do you want opendkim to do in that case?

The source IP is the IP address that is currently connected to your MTA,
sending the message in. Neither the MTA nor the filter make an attempt to
read through past Received: header fields to figure out what earlier MTAs
handled the message, so all you have to work with is 127.0.0.1. The DMZ
setup you have has the side effect of hiding the real IP address of the
MTA that's sending mail in to you, so you can't really work with it.