Re: Options

From: Roman Gelfand <rgelfand2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 14:25:04 -0500

Your last paragraph answered all the questions. So, If I understand
you correctly, smtp packets coming from edge firewall have to be
routed rather than NATed in order to achieve desired effect.

I just realezed that on my internal network, where exchange 2007 is
running, I have sender id reputation filtering. There, sender id is
checked correctly, All I had to do is to tell exchange 2007 ignore ip
127.0.0.1.

Now I understand why the a dmz gateway should both send and receive mail.

Correct me if I misunderstood something here.