Re: opendkim-2.8.4 Beta1 available

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 20:28:31 -0700

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM, Scott Kitterman <ietf-dkim_at_kitterman.com>wrote:

> Modulo I know virtually nothing about RPMs, that's exactly what I would
> expect. I looked at the configure section and relative to strl/libbsd it
> looks
> just like my Debian build logs (which is what I'd expect). If opendkim
> wasn't
> using libbsd correctly, you'd get massive test suite failures. It doesn't
> look like you're running the test suite during the build process, which I
> also recommend. Then you know it's working. Because of that, I can't say
> for
> sure, but it looks like you got it right.

Thanks for looking. Like I said, it built find, installed, and fired up...
so I suppose that's good news. :)

> Eventually, I hope to convince murray to stop shipping his convenience
> copies
> of libstrl and tell people to use libbsd if they aren't on a BSD system.

After RHEL5/CentOS 5 (which has no libbsd) hits EOL, you won't get any
complaints from me! I wonder why they don't package it for EL5. Maybe I'll
ask the packager, and if we can sort that out, I'll change those, too.

SteveJ