Re: opendkim-2.8.4 Beta1 available

From: Scott Kitterman <ietf-dkim_at_kitterman.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 23:18:39 -0400

<stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>wrote:
> > I'll tinker around with that now and see what I get. I've never built any
> > packages against libbsd before -- am I going to need to reference it
> > throughout the spec file wherever needed? Or is there a compile time
> > option
> > (like --include=libbsd) already in opendkim?
>
> Ok - to test, I added the following at the top of the spec file:
>
> BuildRequires: libbsd
>
> This apparently has the effect of preventing the build from creating
> libstrl.so.* and strl.h (because it initially warned me that those files no
> longer got built) -- but I'm assuming that's by design (as you said,
> opendkim will use string.h instead). I then commented out these lines from
> the libopendkim section:
>
> %{_libdir}/libstrl.so.*
> %{_includedir}/strl/strl.h
>
> which stopped the "missing files" complaints from the build process. The
> package builds and seems to install just fine with these changes.
>
> Here's the latest build log (build with the changes referenced above):
>
> http://fpaste.org/17829/
>
> Note the first set of references to libbsd on line 1196 and the second (for
> libopendkim) on 1212. Those are new!
>
> So... I THINK everything worked as you were recommending, but again, having
> never used libbsd before, another set of eyes would be appreciated for a
> sanity check. See anything wonky?

Modulo I know virtually nothing about RPMs, that's exactly what I would
expect. I looked at the configure section and relative to strl/libbsd it looks
just like my Debian build logs (which is what I'd expect). If opendkim wasn't
using libbsd correctly, you'd get massive test suite failures. It doesn't
look like you're running the test suite during the build process, which I
also recommend. Then you know it's working. Because of that, I can't say for
sure, but it looks like you got it right.

Eventually, I hope to convince murray to stop shipping his convenience copies
of libstrl and tell people to use libbsd if they aren't on a BSD system.

Scott K