Re: Another CentOS build/install issue

From: Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 08:01:46 -0700

On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 3:18 PM, Steve Jenkins <stevejenkins_at_gmail.com>wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 15, 2013 at 1:43 PM, Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 15 Apr 2013, Steve Jenkins wrote:
>>
>>> I replied on that comment, but any possible link to this?
>>>
>>> http://lists.fedoraproject.**org/pipermail/packaging/2013-**
>>> April/009005.html<http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/packaging/2013-April/009005.html>
>>>

>> It was submitted anonymously, so whoever opened it may not see your
>> request unless she/he is checking the bug for replies.
>>
>> I understood the bug report to be an installation issue and not related
>> to rpath; I assume from the (brief) description that the libstrl library
>> isn't copied to /usr/local/lib after "make install".
>

> I just checked on a CentOS 5 box, and my libstrl.so.1 is located in
> /usr/lib, not /usr/local/lib. However, I used my package on that system,
> and didn't manually compile.

Where in the source is it determined where libstrl.so.* is written on "make
install?" In the CentOS packaged version's spec file, I include
"%{_libdir}/libstrl.so.*" in the libopendkim "%flies" section, which
overrides whatever the source's Makefile settings are and writes the file
to /usr/lib on install. I'm poking around the source now, but I don't know
enough about what I'm looking for to know what it is I'm looking for. :)

SteveJ