br-msk-openldap

From: Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 17:27:01 -0800

Murray asked me to take a gander at br-msk-openldap. I didn't find
any issues with the code itself, although my C is rusty enough that
I consider it read-only for any serious applications.

I did, however, find a build issue: configure is setting CC to
$PTHREAD_CC right before AC_SEARCH_LIBS([smfi_register] ...), so the
test for libmilter alwaysf ails on my system. The PTHREAD_* variables
don't seem to be getting populated in any obvious place in configure.ac.

I'm *guessing* that ACX_PTHREAD is what should be populating it, but
isn't. That should really generate a warning, at a minimum, or an error
if pthreads is stricly required on all operating systems. If not, then
the FOO=$PTHREAD_FOO assignments should at least be conditional.

I'll see why I'm missing ACX_PTHREAD and then do some tests against
a real directory...

--
Mike Markley <mike_at_markley.org>