Test tools

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 11:54:46 -0700

Although the unit testing for libopendkim is fairly thorough, the unit testing for opendkim itself is almost non-existent.

What we really need, and I think what the industry could really use, is a test tool that pretends to be an MTA but executes a script of milter actions sent to the filter with expected replies and then reports any deviations. It has to be able to do these in parallel so that multi-threaded loads can be simulated as well.

I'll stick this on our proverbial task list someplace, but I just wanted to mention that we need something like this in case anyone feels like taking on a project like that. If there's interest, I'd be happy to flesh out the requirements. I might even start to tackle this myself since it may have applications to my day job and I might be able to talk them into donating the results.