Dataset lookup using pgsql via unix socket

From: Garth Rees <garthrees1960_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 16:20:15 +0200

Hi,

Having just ventured into the world of DKIM, I am a total newb on this
area......

I am attempting to use Unix socket to connect to my PGASQL database for
lookup of the DKIM datasets.

Am not able to get OpenDKIM to start, as it constantly returns the
following error in the journal.

   - dsn:pgsql//username:password_at_............ datacol=xxxxx*
   dkmif_db-open(): invalid argument*

It would appear that it is related to the connection to PGSQL socket, which
"SHOULD" be* /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432*

Having read the documentation on the use of ODBX backends for the datasets,
I know I cannot use the "/" in the string as it is reserved. I have tried
quotation marks to "contain" the whole address, but nothing has worked thus
far, and nothing has come up in my searching.

Can anyone tell me HOW the port & host should be written to get a
connection to unix-socket at /var/run/postgresql/.s.PGSQL.5432 ?

Cheers,

GM