Re: Can not start opendkim

From: Christian Rößner <cr_at_sys4.de>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 11:21:57 +0200

Good morning :)

Am 08.07.2014 um 20:59 schrieb Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>:

> On Tue, 8 Jul 2014, Christian R??ner wrote:
>> opendkim: /etc/opendkim/opendkim.verify.conf: can't initialize reputation subsystem
>
> This is probably caused by opendkim trying to create two temporary on-disk hash tables but failing to do so.
>
> Do you have the TMPDIR environment variable set? It will try to use /var/tmp, or whatever is in TMPDIR if it's set.
>
> You could do an strace/truss to see what I/O error is causing this part of startup to fail.

I found the option that causes opendkim not to start: ReputationRatios

I have set TemporaryDirectoy in the config. And that directory also exists and has proper privileges.

TemporaryDirectory /var/lib/opendkim/tmp

ls -ld /var/lib/opendkim/tmp
drwxr-xr-t 2 milter milter 4096 Jul 8 12:48 /var/lib/opendkim/tmp

-Christian Rößner

--
[*] sys4 AG
http://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64