Re: Installing opendkim failure - Umask 002 illegal value

From: Steve Jenkins <steve_at_stevejenkins.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2014 20:40:52 -0700

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 7:07 PM, Bernardo Vasconcelos <pinifarina_at_sapo.pt>
wrote:

> Guys,
>
> Found out that my installation (CentOS 6.4 – Postfix 2.8.14) logs in
> another place:
> /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog
>
> Jun 4 02:54:53 srv opendkim[2159]: can't load key from
> /etc/opendkim/keys/default: No such file or directory
> Jun 4 02:54:53 srv opendkim[2159]: F09A9161FBA: error loading key
> 'default._domainkey.flynewz.com'
>
> On this directory i have the two default files:
> /etc/opendkim/keys/default.txt
> /etc/opendkim/keys/default.private

Hi, Bernardo:

You stated in your original post that you were following my How-To, but the
fact that the /etc/opendkim/keys/default.private file still exists (and has
not been renamed to /etc/opendkim/keys/default.private) leads me to believe
that you might not be following it closely enough. Make sure you're
following the right set of instructions:

http://stevejenkins.com/blog/2011/08/installing-opendkim-rpm-via-yum-with-postfix-or-sendmail-for-rhel-centos-fedora/

Note the "Generate keys for signing" section, especially the commands that
follow "Create your own keys with:"

The last line says:

mv /etc/opendkim/keys/example.com/default.private /etc/opendkim/keys/
example.com/default

Since you haven't done that command, it makes me wonder what other commands
or steps you might have missed.

My suggestion is to start at the top of my blog post and work your way down
carefully, making sure you don't miss any steps. I've used these exact
instructions to install OpenDKIM with Postfix on literally dozens of
systems, without a single hitch.

If you follow that blog post word for word, I believe all your problems
will go away. :)

SteveJ