Re: DKIM config error

From: Todd Lyons <tlyons_at_ivenue.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2013 07:20:11 -0800

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 3:07 AM, Reddy, Raj <Raj.Reddy_at_savvis.com> wrote:

> I have encountered an bug while I was configuring DKIM milter on my AIX box. Could you please go through the attached error screenshot also config.log file and suggest us the resolution to proceed further..

This is in your config.log:

configure:3707: gcc -V >&5
gcc: '-V' option must have argument
configure:3718: $? = 1
configure:3707: gcc -qversion >&5
gcc: unrecognized option '-qversion'
gcc: no input files
configure:3718: $? = 1
configure:3738: checking whether the C compiler works
configure:3760: gcc conftest.c >&5
gcc: error trying to exec 'cc1': execvp: No such file or directory

That very much looks like gcc is either incompletely installed
(missing portions/packages) or it has path problems. Googling, I
found a few things that talked about your issue. I'm unsure how much
of this directly applies to you.

This talks about what's happening behind the scenes with gcc trying to
call cc1. Being a Unix guy I expect you probably already know this,
but I'm including it for completeness:
http://stackoverflow.com/a/10487623/611911

This seems to imply that missing packages are the culprit:
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014284093

Have you ever compiled

> Regards,
> Raj Reddy | Senior Engineer - Unix
> Savvis, A CenturyLink Company

Different topic: we have a cage at Savvis in SoCal. I will be *SO*
happy when raw ipv6 becomes available because I'm currently having to
tunnel to HE or use Teredo to get ipv6. Savvis has been saying for a
couple years that they are working on it. We have lots of customers
from Asia, and Asia has been out of new ipv4 allocations for 1.5 years
now. We need to soon be serving traffic on ipv6. If you need a beta
tester, contact me offlist. We already have an allocation, we are
just waiting to turn it up.

...Todd