Re: Supporting system libbsd as a source of strlcat/strlcopy

From: Scott Kitterman <ietf-dkim_at_kitterman.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 01:09:20 -0400

On Friday, January 18, 2013 01:53:43 PM Eray Aslan wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 18, 2013 at 01:56:51AM -0500, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> > We discussed this before. I went ahead and made a patch that will compile
> > and pass all tests (as well as avoid the implicit declaration warnings)
> > using libbsd on Debian/Ubuntu. This is against 2.7.4, so the IFDEF would
> > have to be added any new places where strlcat/strlcopy are used in 2.8.
> > I didn't check that.
>
> Works for me on gentoo. Thank you.

If I'm understanding the ebuild correctly it doesn't look like you've enabled
this as of 2.8.4:

http://packages.gentoo.org/package/mail-filter/opendkim

http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/mail-filter/opendkim/opendkim-2.8.4.ebuild?view=markup

I did some Googling and the only Linux distributions with up to date packages
that I found were Debian/Ubuntu (which I do), Fedora/Red Hat (which Steve
Jenkins does), and Gentoo (done by you, but you knew that).

Now that Steve has started using libbsd for his packages (I have for some
time), perhaps you could as well. If so, I'm thinking maybe Murray could drop
his strl implementation entirely for 2.9?

Scott K