Re: InternalHosts problem

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 15:51:20 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 11 Jun 2013, Norbert Aschendorff wrote:
> Nevertheless, I'd still like to know why Mail submitted from other
> addresses is signed although they are not in the InternalHosts dataset?
> Is this behavior intended? As mentioned, the configuration regarding the
> sender domains to be signed would trigger a signature, but I wonder what
> role InternalHosts plays in the configuration.
>
> Btw: I'm a total n00b to the milter protocol in general and the OpenDKIM
> milter in particular, if you haven't notice that yet ;)

The rule for signing is that both the (a) source and (b) From: domain have
to be approved for signing. The domain is approved either by the Domain
list or the SigningTable. The source is approved by either the
InternalHosts list, the Macros list, the MTA list, or the client having
authenticated using SMTP AUTH.

If you set LogWhy in the configuration to True, opendkim will log the
reasons it decided to sign (or not sign) your mail.

-MSK