Re: Multiple domain setup with Postgres backend.

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 11:16:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 24 Apr 2013, Joshua Gardner wrote:
> We have two Postfix instances (one on the web server for outgoing mail
> only, the other on the mail server for incoming and outgoing mail) that
> serve up mail for ~50 domains. The list of domains is stored in a
> PostgreSQL database, though not all of the domains that need to be
> handled (there are 1 or 2 that aren't) are in the database. I already
> have a script that sets up the domain names in AWS's Route53, so that
> can be used for setting the DKIM TXT records.
>
> I'm just looking for a simple guide on how to use both conf file and
> database to set up the domains that need to be signed by DKIM. It's not
> something that comes naturally to me.

There isn't a way to have the list of domains to sign in two places.

Some suggestions:

1) Have a cron job that periodically updates a new table based on your
existing table plus the extra names, and have OpenDKIM reference that
table. If changes to that table are really infrequent, you could do it
manually.

2) Put the extra domains in the table you already have.

3) Use a socket dataset to talk to a service you write that knows how to
do the split query thing and return the right values.

Other people might have other ideas.

-MSK