Planning for 2.8.0

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2013 17:44:59 -0800 (PST)

With the release of 2.7.4, I'm starting to plan for what will go into
2.8.0. I've taken a quick pass through the Bugs and Feature Request
trackers and promoted to priority 6 everything at which I'd like to take a
run in this release. There's no guarantee that all of them will make it
in, however.

If you'd like to make an argument for any that didn't make the cut, please
let me know. If you have any ideas you want to see considered, please add
them to the appropriate tracker.

Also, if anyone has something on the list into which they can contribtue
some development time, it would be really appreciated. I'm a busy guy
lately, and I could use a hand with this one.

Ideally I would like to release this on or before February 18, but that
doesn't leave a lot of time for development and a reasonable beta period.
For now, let's see what I/we can accomplish in the next couple of weeks,
and we'll see after that whether we can hit that deadline.

Thanks,
-MSK