Re: OpenDKIM fails to sign IPv6 localhost originating email

From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah_at_zimbra.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 15:04:34 -0800

--On Thursday, January 03, 2013 2:55 PM -0800 "Murray S. Kucherawy"
<msk_at_blackops.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Jan 2013, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>> zimbra_at_zre-ldap002:~/conf$ cat opendkim-localnets.conf
>> 127.0.0.0/8
>> 10.137.242.0/24
>> [::1]/128
>> [fc00:10:137:242::]/64
>> [fe80::]/64
>
> Try removing the square brackets.
>
> The code that tests the InternalHosts list takes the following steps:
>
> 1) Pass the address to inet_ntop() to get a text representation.
> 2) Test if that string is in the InternalHosts list. If it is, return
> "yes".
> 3) From 64 to 0, turn off the lowest order bit not already tried and pass
> that to inet_ntop(), then tack "/n" onto the end, and see if that's in
> the list. If it is, return "yes".
> 4) Return "no".
>
> We don't add square brackets for IPv4 addresses, so we don't do them for
> IPv6 either.

Square brackets for IPv6 addresses is RFC defined. I can dig out the RFCs
if necessary. ;) OpenDKIM should be able to parse this if it is to be
considered IPv6 compliant. I would note this values here are pulled from
postfix, which is a fairly common way of creating a list of the local
network values.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount