Re: OpenDKIM v2.7.2 released

From: Scott Kitterman <sklist_at_kitterman.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 19:32:36 -0500

"Murray S. Kucherawy" <msk_at_blackops.org> wrote:

>On Tue, 20 Nov 2012, Eray Aslan wrote:
>> One way around it would be to check for header file first before
>> checking for library functions. The attached patch seems to work for
>
>> me.
>
>Actually, all we need is to set HAVE_STRL_H if:
>
>a) strlcat and strlcpy can't be found anywhere, in which case we're
>going
>to be installing our own, which now includes a <strl.h>; or
>
>b) AC_CHECK_HEADERS finds a strl.h installed.
>
>It would be nice to force a reinstall of libstrl if we installed our
>own
>before without strl.h, but I think that's probably complicated to do
>automatically.
>
>The above is now committed to git, tested on FreeBSD (which has the two
>
>functions native), and on a Linux box with and without a libstrl
>installed. Let me know if you'd like a revised tarball to try.
>
>-MSK

In Debian/Ubuntu we have a libbsd package that provides these (generally native BSD) functions. I have to manually specify the link flag, but the headers are found fine. Don't assume all Linux systems will need the internal copies you ship.

Now that opendmarc packaging is done, I should have 2.7.2 ready shortly.

Scott K