Re: Reputation database

From: Christian Rößner <cr_at_sys4.de>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 10:11:33 +0100

Hi,

>> Currently I hope this just happens, as there are not many mails yet.
>
> You probably just don't have very much accumulated data yet. There's a (large) SELECT in the opendkim-genrates script that you could run manually to see if any rows are returned. Chances are there aren't any yet.

I will wait some days and check it again (because yet I would not know, which SELECT to use). My system is a very small mailer, so you could consider it as a test system.

>> ReputationLimits repute:<repute-server>:<reporter-id>
>>
>> What is the reporter-id? I guess the repute-server is the same as in ReputationRatios.
>
> One of the properties of the reputation system is that it computes recommended limits for each site participating in data collection and reporting. For example, if I have two sites reporting data to me, one of which reports hundreds of messages per day and one that reports millions, the rate limits we compute will need to be different for each of them, rather than one rate that applies to everyone. Providing your reporter-id in the query tells the REPUTE server who you are and thus how to select the limit you should be enforcing.
>
> The reporter-id is the "id" column of your matching entry in the "reporters" table. You would get it from the site running the REPUTE service you're querying (presumably, that's you). If you leave it off, a generic limit is returned which might not be optimal for your mail flow.
>
> If you start sending a feed to us here, you can see what the collaborative feed looks like rather than just a localized one.

Ok. I just checked that table and as I am the only reporter to myself, this is "1".

Any yet I am not sure, how to submit things from my side to elsewhere. I read about creating a GPG key pair and signing things. What exactly needs to be sineg? the opendkim's stats file? _at_Andreas: do you know how that works? Maybe you'd like a phone call? :)

_at_Murray: I find that very interesting stuff. When Patrick Ben Koetter and I were at the MAAWG in Paris, do I remember correctly that you spoke exactly from this reputation system?

Kind regards

-Christian Rößner

--
[*] sys4 AG