Re: Opendkim receiving SIGABRT

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 06:34:55 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 24 Aug 2012, Marcelo Vieira wrote:
> But sometimes, I have observed that service opendkim is dying. In
> Postfix and system logs, I found no information that would indicate the
> source of the problem. At those moments, the performance of Postfix is
> severely impaired. Through a 'strace' command on the opendkim daemon, I
> get the following output:
>
> 2254 read(20, "", 1024) = 0
> 2254 close(20) = 0
> 2254 rt_sigprocmask(SIG_UNBLOCK, [ABRT], NULL, 8) = 0
> 2254 tgkill(2213, 2254, SIGABRT) = 0
> 2254 --- SIGABRT (Aborted) _at_ 0 (0) ---
> 2214 +++ killed by SIGABRT +++
> 2217 +++ killed by SIGABRT +++
> 6858 +++ killed by SIGABRT +++
> 6950 +++ killed by SIGABRT +++
> 2218 +++ killed by SIGABRT +++
> 2213 +++ killed by SIGABRT +++
>
> Any ideas where I should check to find what would be causing this
> SIGABRT kill?

That's almost always an assertion failure, which means something
unexpected is happening. The most helpful thing to do is ensure you have
core dumps enabled (set EnableCoreDumps on Linux), are running a debug
binary (pass --enable-debug to ./configure), and when it crashes use gdb
to extract a stack trace so we can figure out where it was executing when
this happened. Also valuable is a copy of a message that causes this
failure to occur.

For starters, what's the output of "opendkim -V"?

-MSK