Re: Using OpenDKIM for iSchedule

From: Ken Murchison <murch_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2012 13:23:32 -0400

On 06/07/2012 12:18 AM, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:

>>> The From: header is required as mentioned in Section 5.4 of RFC 6376.
>>> The only way around that is to modify the source.
>>
>> Right. I wasn't sure if there was some function call or back-door that
>> I wasn't seeing in the source.
>
> SM's correct, we don't have a way to do that since we're pure to DKIM
> specs and focused on email, so we force "from" into the list. It sounds
> like your patch might be useful for future extensions though, so I hope
> you'll contribute it back to us. :-)

Attached is something that I hacked up quickly to do what I need by
cut-n-pasting the existing SENDERHDR code.

I added a new dkiml_requiredhdrs member to DKIM_LIB, defaulting to
(dkim_)required_signhdrs. I also added a new DKIM_OPTS_REQUIREDHDRS to
get/set the list.

After looking at this again, I'm wondering if DKIM_OPTS_MUSTBESIGNED
should be used for this purpose rather than a new list and option. It
seems appropriately named.

Is this something that could be added to the existing code base or is a
full-fledged libdoseta the preferred avenue?

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer