Re: Using OpenDKIM for iSchedule

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_blackops.org>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 06:43:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 7 Jun 2012, Ken Murchison wrote:
>> If you always want to add an "h=" instance of a name whether it's present
>> or not, you want DKIM_OPTS_OVERSIGNHDRS. That's an experimental feature of
>> the library you have to request at build time in v2.5.x by saying
>> "--enable-oversign" to ./configure.
>
> I will look into this. Is is still experimental in 2.6?

Yes. Things like this get promoted to production code when enough people
have used it and not reported an problems. This one hasn't seen enough
use to warrant promotion yet.

>> DOSETA is idle because of lack of uptake. However, since you have a use
>> case, I'll pass that on and maybe we can get some movement on it.
>
> Has an API for libdoseta been fleshed out? Where do you see the break
> between libdoseta and libopendkim? I assume that this is just a matter
> of splitting the existing code and adding a little "glue".

Your assumption is right, but I hadn't gotten as far as fully defining an
API before stopping work on it some months ago, for lack of uptake as Dave
said. At this point I'd probably start over. But essentially it would
look a lot like the libopendkim model, minus anything specific to email
such as the mandatory From part, and then libopendkim would just become
calls to libdoseta that add in the mail-specific constraints.

-MSK