Using OpenDKIM for iSchedule

From: Ken Murchison <murch_at_andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 16:17:01 -0400

I'm investigating using libopendkim for our CalDAV/iSchedule server.
The iSchedule spec is still being developed, but it will most certainly
rely on DKIM (or DOSETA if that effort is still alive).

I have two questions about using the library as it currently exists:

1. Is there a way to keep the library from requiring a From: header,
other that modifying the source? This obviously makes it email-centric.

2. What is the proper way to include an extra instance of a header field
name in "h=", per section 5.4.2 of RFC 6373? iSchedule will most likely
require that "h=" includes the number of Recipient: headers + 1, to
protect from intermediaries adding Recipients. Obviously, the signer
needs to add the extra instance, but does the verifier have to as well?
Does the extra instance get added before or after the actual headers?

I'm willing to do any work that needs to be done to add to or modify
existing APIs to allow libopendkim to be used for iSchedule. I'm also
open to helping with a libdoseta if need be.

--
Kenneth Murchison
Principal Systems Software Engineer