RE: OpenLDAP MDB (was RE: libxml2 check in configure is incorrect)

From: Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah_at_zimbra.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 13:04:26 -0700

--On Thursday, May 03, 2012 8:01 PM +0000 "Murray S. Kucherawy"
<msk_at_cloudmark.com> wrote:
>> more/vi/pico/whatever mdb.h
>
> Ah yes, "Use the source, Luke!"
>
> Although the FreeBSD port does download and compile the source, the port
> doesn't install libmdb or any includes, just the binary.
>
> It looks like the libraries/libmdb directory contains some doxygen stuff.
> I'll see if it generates something I can use. The test code in that
> directory might also provide some guidance, though I'll have to figure
> out which parts of those examples I need and which I don't.

Yeah, at the moment libmdb is built statically into the openldap backend
back-mdb, so I'm guessing unless the port manager specifically had libmdb.a
and the headers pulled into their openldap package, they won't be there,
since they aren't required for the OpenLDAP back-mdb database. Which
reminds me, I need to update my OpenLDAP build to do exactly that so I can
link OpenDKIM to it when you're done. ;)

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Sr. Member of Technical Staff