Re: DKIM DNS policy records

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 12:22:57 -0700

Hi Niccolò,
At 11:41 20-03-2012, Niccolò Belli wrote:
>Shouldn't be the same per SPF? If I send an
>e-mail which does not honor the SPF policy to
>gmail it *does* go to the spam folder (well,
>mailing lists seem to be an exception), but it
>doesn't happen if I don't honor the DKIM policy.
>
>Also, if send an e-mail which does not honor the
>DKIM policy to yahoo it goes to the spam folder.

I don't have any information about how these
providers apply SPF or ADSP policies. By
advertising a policy, you are conveying what you
would like the receiver to do. What happens on
the receiving side is up to the receiver.

If you spam a provider, it might decide to honor
the ADSP policy. That does not seem like a good idea though. :-)

Regards,
-sm