Re: DKIM DNS policy records

From: Rolf E. Sonneveld <R.E.Sonneveld_at_sonnection.nl>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 20:10:27 +0100

On 3/20/12 7:41 PM, Niccolò Belli wrote:
> Il 20/03/2012 19:11, SM ha scritto:
>> The message I replied to comes from linuxsystems.it and went through the
>> mailing list manager before being reaching me. If the message was DKIM
>> signed and the mailing list manager modified the message, the
>> DKIM-Signature would be invalid. According to the dkim=discardable
>> policy, you are encouraging me to discard your message. I gather that
>> isn't really your intent. :-)
>
> Shouldn't be the same per SPF? If I send an e-mail which does not
> honor the SPF policy to gmail it *does* go to the spam folder (well,
> mailing lists seem to be an exception), but it doesn't happen if I
> don't honor the DKIM policy.
>
> Also, if send an e-mail which does not honor the DKIM policy to yahoo
> it goes to the spam folder.

please remember that a domain owner can only advise the receiver to use
a certain disposition for mail, the owner can never enforce his policy
upon the receiver. Suppose there would also be a policy 'accept', would
you then accept mail from any domain that advises you to accept their
messages?

/rolf