Re: DKIM DNS policy records

From: SM <sm_at_resistor.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 09:28:47 -0700

Hi Niccolò,
At 07:39 20-03-2012, Niccolò Belli wrote:
>linuxsystems.it._domainkey IN TXT "v=DKIM1; g=*;
>k=rsa; p=<> ; ----- DKIM linuxsystems.it for linuxsystems.it
>
>_domainkey IN TXT "t=n;o=-"
>
>_adsp._domainkey.linuxsystems.it IN TXT "dkim=discardable"
>

>Hi, the first one is my DKIM key record (domain
>is linuxsystems.it and selector is linuxsystems.it).
>
>I saw gmail completely ignores my adsp policy
>record, but yahoo doesn't and so I think it's correct.
>
>But what about my _domainkey IN TXT "t=n;o=-"
>policy record? Is it needed for DKIM or only for
>domainkey? Should I add my selector in this
>policy record (---> _domainkey.linuxsystems.it IN TXT "t=n;o=-")?

DKIM and ADSP are two different things. ADSP is
to advertise a policy which receivers can use to
process messages with a valid DKIM signature.

The selector is not added to the ADSP record.

>Currently if I disable DKIM signing and I send
>an e-mail to gmail it doesn't go in the spam folder as it should.

It is up to the receiver to determine what to do
about a message. You told them to discard
unsigned messages. You cannot force them to do that.

Regards,
-sm