RE: newbie question: duplicate keys to different servers

From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk_at_cloudmark.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 00:28:57 +0000

DKIM verifiers ask for a key from the DNS based on where your signatures tell them to look. Would you just do DNS replication (i.e., deploy a lot of secondary servers) to spread the load for that?

I suppose you could put a rotation of keys in your outgoing signatures and have different messages ask for different keys, but presumably they’d all be in the same domain, so I’m not sure what you’d gain.

You can duplicate the private key across many servers so they can all generate valid signatures for the same public key, as long as you’re careful about how you move the keys around.

Does that answer your question?

-MSK