Re: key file permissions and other questions

From: Andreas Schulze <sca_at_andreasschulze.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 13:48:39 +0100 (CET)

Max,

> 1. It took me a long time to finally get opendkim to work until I found that the problem was that
> opendkim could not read the key file default.private.
if opendkim runs as nonprivileged user, that user must be able to read the key.
newer version on dkim should give a warning in case the key is unreadable.

> but when I changed to chmod 644 it started working.
chgrp + chmod 0440 is enougth

> 2. I read somewhere (on this list I think, could not find it now) that domain name is not case
> sensitive when matching against the SigningTable but in my case this does not seem true. Is there
> a way I can get my SigningTable to match domain in a case insensitive manner?
> Eg. If I put "mydomain.com" in SigningTable then email from "info_at_MyDomain.com" will result in "no
> signing table match", but if I change it to "MyDomain.com" in SigningTable it will work.
did you tried to mark signingtable as refile?
could you post your config?

> How does this process work, how do I get the latest version on Debian?
Debian != newest releases
compile yourself or find a packager

--
Viele Grüße