dkim key questions

From: Mauricio Tavares <raubvogel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 13:23:09 -0500

      I have a mail server which for historical reasons has a both a
hostname and cert of mail.otherdomain.com while it is normally
referred to as mail.domain.com. So, we have the A records pointing to
mail.otherdomain.com and a cname to mail.domain.com.

As I was setting up the mail server, I create the key to match the cert domain:

opendkim-genkey -d otherdomain.com -s mail -D /etc/mail
ln -s /etc/mail/mail.private /etc/mail/dkim.key

Which might cause the following headers in my outgoing emails:

        dkim=softfail (invalid, public key: DNS query timeout for
        mail._domainkey.domain.com) header.i=_at_domain.com

Would creating a dkim key for domain.com make it happier? If so, can I
have *two* dkim keys so I can take care of both possibilities? If so,
how would that work in my dns records?