why bodyhash if just an authentication mechanism

From: Ram <ram_at_netcore.co.in>
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 19:03:51 +0530

I am quite a beginner with dkim

I had assumed that dkim was just a authentication mechanism for
verification that the sender domain ( or the signing domain ) has been
verified.
So this is just to prevent someone else forging my domain(s) and
sending mails
But now as I read the code the code also creates a bodyhash and includes
in the signature.

So does a valid DKIM signature also mean that the content is not
tampered with ?

Thanks
Ram